Sunday 2 February 2020

Swati Shinde



Swati Shinde: Brewster  - Mumbai 




1. What was your first brew?
 Belgian wheat was my first brew.

2. How did you get this job?
After working as a winemaker with several wineries, I ended up studying and acquiring Masters in Wine, Brewing and Alcohol technology from VSI Pune. At VSI I was exposed to draft beer and decided to change directions and brew beer instead.
3. What’s your favourite beer that you have brewed?
Love to brew but if it came to favourite then it's always Porter and IPA.
4. What’s your favourite beer brewed by others?
Recently Zini (Rice) Lager brewed at Gateway and Farmhouse ale with Juniper berries was homebrewed by Vipul Kute was my favourite.

5. Which beer would you like to brew?
I love to brew all beers.

6. What name would you really like to give to a beer, and what type of beer would it be?
First, already I have given Indian hop IPA where it brewed without a hop, but one special Indian bittering herb that is bittersweet. As we hare heading towards Summer, the name will be Thirst Cheater IPA, will be very refreshing beer special for summer.

7. What’s your favourite beer style?
Porter and IPA.
8. What’s your favourite hop variety?
Mosaic.

9. What’s your favourite malt variety?
Pale malt and I can say all malts. There is nothing like a favorite. But Pale malt comes first.
10. Which do you prefer – draught, bottle or cans?
Depend on the place for me. In Restaurant draught beer.  Cans and Bottles if at home or at the farm. Important is Drinking Beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment