Friday 21 February 2020

Prashant Madke

Prashant Madke - Head Brewer @ Crafters - Mumbai, India 

1. What was your first brew?
My first brew was Kingfisher Ultra at 250 HL brewhouse, based at Bombay Brewery, Taloja.

2. How did you get this job?
After completing graduation in WINE TECHNOLOGY, I joined Kingfisher as a process chemist. That's when I realised that brewing is my passion. Later I completed my Master's Course from Vasantdada Sugar Institute. Mr V. V Choudhari, an Excise officer recommended my name to Gateway Brewing Company (2014). 
3. What’s your favourite beer that you have brewed?
My all-time favourite is DARK LAGER. 

4. What’s your favourite beer brewed by others?
Well, there are many but my recent favourite is the strawberry sour brewed by Mr Sachin More at Brewbot. I’m not a big fan of sour beers but that beer really impressed me.

5. Which beer would you like to brew?
I like to brew challenging and delicate beers mainly lagers like PILSNER.

6. What name would you really like to give to a beer, and what type of beer would it be?
Being a big fan of LINKIN PARK, I would like to pay a tribute to Chester. I named my 2 homebrews as

  • The hybrid theory which was an IPA
  • Chester Bennington Stout 



7. What’s your favourite beer style?
For have, I always prefer dark beers like a Stout.
8. What’s your favourite hop variety?
I am very old school while selecting HOPS variety, hence so my favourite hops are Summit, Simcoe, EKG, Citra and Centennial.

9. What’s your favourite malt or Malt variety?
I like Maris otter, brown malt by crisp malting, special by Castle Malting.
10. Which do you prefer – draught, bottle or cans?
It’s really hard to answer, the packaging doesn’t matter to me as I look only for good beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment